Wednesday, December 5, 2007

just in case you thought that hong kong wasn't the coolest place on earth

I have been meaning to get back to my recap but alas, I have been embroiled in the Dante's inferno that is moving. Currently, I am attempting to select a wall colour for the new flat that doesn't look like complete crap. I have now gone through what I assumed were three varying shades of white only to discover that once on the walls they were violet, blue and peach. Apparently somewhere in the move I have gone completely colour blind. The most tragic part of all of this is that this is just further evidence of my ongoing decline into complete and utter senility. Mr. Lemony Lemonade is convinced now more than ever that my mental faculties are leaving me at an alarming rate and unfortunately I have recently exhibited a worrying inability to make even the most mundane decisions. Therefore, Mr. Lemony Lemonade is left to wonder where his previously decisive wife of at least average intelligence has gone. But that is not why I have felt compelled to post.

In case I was searching for a reason to absolutely love Hong Kong, which I'm not, but if I was, I found it just yesterday. While purchasing Baby Girl's Chicken McNugget Happy Meal at Old MacDonald's yesterday, I discovered (please take a silent pause here to prepare for the astounding news I am about to impart) that MacDonald's in Hong Kong serves breakfast ALL DAY LONG (take another pause to absorb the enormity of this news). And how do you ask did I discover this beyond amazing fact; well, I happened to glance over at the woman next to me who I observed to be tucking into a Sausage McMuffin at approximately 3 p.m. I am ashamed to say that I was so excited that not only did I put the poor woman off her meal by staring at her with a maniacal grin on my face, I then proceeded to look like a complete lunatic as I sort of whopped and punched the air with my fist as if I had just scored a winning touchdown. Having spent numerous Saturday morning hangovers bemoaning the fact that I couldn't get a Sausage McMuffin past 10:30 a.m., which you will all agree is a totally uncivilized time to stop serving breakfast on a weekend, I welcomed this news with a tear in my eye. All the mornings that I ran bleary eyed to a nearby MacDonalds only to find that they had just stopped serving breakfast or had long since stopped serving breakfast flashed before my eyes. I had always thought that it was ridiculous not to serve those tasty morsels of goodness that are the Sausage McMuffin throughout the day. I mean why should insomniacs, truck drivers and senior citizens be the only people to enjoy the bleeding McMuffin while the rest of the world was left in a world bereft of McMuffins? If only I had known this earlier, I would have moved without a second thought in like, 1991...

1 comment:

Meg said...

Well, crap! I thought our Beijing McD rocks becaue they've just started offering breakfast... but all day Egg McMuffin goodness? That's awesome.