Tuesday, February 12, 2008

going "in country"

I have been bad with the posts because I am currently entertaining overly demanding family members..well, really family member who expects me to get out of bed every day, skip the bonbon eating and Oprah and entertain with sights, educational walks and gastronomic adventures, etc. Honestly, going out EVERY DAY!

In an effort to completely deplete what energy I have left, we are about to leave for a week in Vietnam where we will meet up with Middle Brother who has been touring Southeast Asia in an attempt to recover from the exhaustion brought on by working full-time. I come from a long line of individuals who find the stresses of every day life too much to bear - we are also known as BIG FAT BABIES.

In any event, I had assumed that I would be escaping the bone chilling cold of Hong Kong; envisioning palm tree lined beaches and tropical cocktails. So, imagine my dismay when I discovered that Vietnam, or Hanoi anyway, is equally as freezing as Hong Kong (apparently this should have been obvious by their location on the same line of latitude but I basically doodled my way through sixth grade geography, so EXCUUUUSE ME). This of course brings me to my latest gripe being countries that erroneously and falsely put themselves forward as warm and tropical when they are in fact prone to cold snaps; if I could figure it out, I would try to sue someone for false advertising.

That all being well and good, I am pleased to announce that I am about to pay good money to freeze my ass off in another Asian city...will report upon return.

No comments: